Topics will vary, as my approach to this (and life in general) is very much stream-of-consciousness. Those who know me well will describe this as “scatterbrained-ness”, so I’ll compromise and settle on “scatterconscious”. What you can expect to read:
- Musings on a variety of topics — politics, world events, sports, Hollywood, etc. Anything which stirs some form of emotion in me. Standard blog fare, but done in what I hope will be a unique voice.
- Passionate defenses of “bad” movies. There exist at least twenty-seven movies that I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching multiple times, but which have been panned by critics and thus saddled with a “rotten” consensus on the website Rotten Tomatoes. From time to time I will write
a defense of one of these underrated (at least, in my mind) gems.
- Dissertations (I’m using the term loosely) on the progressive metal genre. I don’t think I’m overstating things when I say that prog metal is the most awesomest music a human being will ever hear in his/her life. Ever. For all five of you who agree, my blog will be an excellent forum for finally putting to rest the age-old question of who’s coolest: Ayreon or Pagan’s Mind.
- Superheroes, aliens, the fantasy genre, prescient dreams and other weird stuff. I shall release my inner geek — to a point. While I’m a big Tolkien fan, you won’t find me posting questions like “if Gimli was the son of Gloin, and Bombur was the cousin of Nori, how come Dwalin is related to Thorin Oakenshield but Balin isn’t?”
- I think I’ll also try to sell some t-shirts. I have a couple of ideas already, but they come sporadically and seem to strike from out of nowhere, so this won’t be a regular thing.
I will embrace brevity as much as possible, since jobs, families, etc. affect both the writer and the reader. At the end of each of posting, you’ll note that I’ve assessed an IOH (Impact on Humanity) factor.